Yesterday was a life-changing day for me. Not just because I started playing football again after a five-year break, nor because I wrote the first few lines for this blog. But because I bought my first lipstick as an adult. Since beginning to wear make-up in a decent (I hope) way I’ve been the owner of gazillions of lipglosses and lypsyls but never lipsticks. Last time I wore a lipstick it was pink and cheap. I was 11 and it perfectly matched my fluorescent purple eye-shadow.
This time around I’d like to think my overall make-up looks a bit better. The reason for this milestone stretches back a couple of weeks when I went into Body Shop on Oxford Street to buy a lipgloss as a birthday present for my flatmate Sarah, and also the replacement for the one I lost in February.
It turned out I had an extra fiver to spend in the store through my membership card so a very helpful young lady tried to assist me in my decision on what to buy. She suggested lipstick and I explained that I never wear it as I don’t feel comfortable with it. It’s just not my thing. But I let her put some on anyway just for fun and yes, I was indeed very uncomfortable. She paid me lots of compliments and said that I my lips had a really nice shape and that it enhanced my look wearing it. So I left it on and as I was walking out of the shop I felt like a French whore.
Anyways, the compliment of hers did seem to settle and two weeks later, as in yesterday, I bought my first lipstick after careful consideration! Obviously a cheap Rimmel one, in case I lose it, but still – A LIPSTICK. Will wear it to work today, isn’t that just very exciting.
Who needs a boob job when Lipstick does the trick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment